10 Myths about milk teeth
Battle against Cavities!
You might have heard people saying:
“Well, don’t you worry too much about these milk teeth, there will be new ones anyway.”
But it is this thoughtlessness that can lead to a painful awakening for our little ones as they grow up. We are going to show you, how you as a parent can ensure a good oral hygiene together with and for your child and what mistakes you can avoid.
1. Regular cleaning of the first teeth is essential and the basis for and of healthful teeth
2. Teamwork: help your child to clean the teeth properly, as he or she will not be able to understand and apply correct cleaning skills at a very young age
3. Responsibility vs Genes It is wrong to believe that your teeth’s condition is predetermined by your parents or grandparents. Instead, it is important to teach your kids individual responsibility and the habit of taking care of their health.
4. The more the better? No, Health Associations and dentists largely agree on the following schedule: twice a day for two minutes. What is essential is the cleaning of all surfaces and the interdentals, even if that might take slightly longer.
5. Tooth paste: It is not so much about colour or taste but about the content: make sure it has got the right amount of fluoride, an important mineral that protects gum and teeth.
6. Dentist visit only when in pain? Be on the safe side and go see your dentist with your child to prevent any disease or pain to occur & to answer questions.
7. Beverages like fruit juices from the baby bottle If the beverage contains sugar (which includes fruit juices), teeth are constantly exposed to the sugar and will be harmed. Make sure to serve fruit juices only in small amounts and with a meal and to fill the baby bottle with water only.
8. More firm more clean? The brush itself, as well as the pressure from the hand should rather be soft and careful than hard. Otherwise it will affect the gum.
9. Immediate brushing after meals? Wait for about 20 minutes before you brush your child’s teeth in order to protect the enamel.
10. Always brush from red to white? Not necessarily. It is better to place the brush onto the teeth at a slightly inclined angle and to then clean them in circular movements.
With the help of these few tips and a healthy diet, you are making sure to guide your child’s teeth to a strong and sound future.
And then there is the problem of getting your children to brush their teeth in the first place...
Is there a parent that hasn't experienced bathroom tantrums when it comes to brushing teeth?
We have the solution for all bathroom tantrums: Playbrush!
Playbrush is aiming at making toothbrushing finally fun and improving children's dental health by getting them to brush their teeth VOLUNTARILY.Playbrush makes brushing interactive. In other words, Playbrush translates every tooth brushing movement into gameplay, so children actively control the games as they brush. During each 2-minute adventure, the gaming apps encourage children to brush at the correct speed, pressure and equally within all quadrants of the mouth.
The Result? A unique brushing experience with lots of fun.
Playbrush Smart Sonic
Playbrush Smart Sonic is a fully integrated electric toothbrush, that connects to interactive gaming apps on a smartphone or tablet and motivates children to brush for long enough and all around their mouths.
Playbrush Smart is an intelligent attachment for your manual toothbrush, that connects to interactive gaming apps via Bluetooth, so children can play games, collect medals, explore levels, and receive cleaning feedback while brushing their teeth.
Playbrush - check it out!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT US
"My children never seem to grow tired of their Playbrush. My only problem is getting them to put their brushes down. But a good problem to have!"
"Time flies when you're having fun! We recommend to all parents looking for a solution to those bathroom tantrums!"
- Sara, via Amazon
"Its use of screen time worried me a little bit, but my kids dental health outweighs that and 4 minutes of brushing every day is so much better than before."
"The best gift I have bought for my son this year. Easy and exciting brushing experience everyday."